I have m.e could anyone give me advice guidance on groups sites research support please I membership

Posted , 8 users are following.

I have had M. E a while but still. Feel. Very isolated and reclusive in my world I feel I have improved somewhat but feel the need to find out what the he'll just happened to the last few years of a very blurry life I've missed and still are yet feel. Less confused and foggy

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Rachel

Had to reply as didn't want you to feel alone but not sure if I can offer you anything concrete. What exactly would you like to know?

Paz

• Posted

The good news is you're apparently on the road to recovery if you're less confused and have improved somewhat. Just take it easy and don't push yourself. You might get more response on this forum if you asked some specific questions.
  • Posted

Hi Rachel,

Not sure where you are based but, in uk

There is the me association that are helpful with advice and research, you can google them also you can join them for a small fee.

Ask your doctor to refer you to the nearest Cfs/me clinic. There are different ways they can help and at the one I attend, you can opt Into a service to contact others with this condition by email.

Hope that helps

Best wishes

B

• Posted

To the best of my knowledge, there are no ME clinics here in the UK. At least the doctores where I live have not heard of any.

But it sounds like rachel is asking for compagny, which I can understand. There are many on line groups if you google ME, we cannot post links here.

• Posted

There is an ME clinic at my local hospital, that I attend and I seem to remember other members here mentioning their local clinics, so I'm afraid that your doctors have that wrong. Not that I'm surprised, most GPs know very little about ME and the services available, and often seem to care even less....
    • Posted

Hi Tidsel,

That's funny, I replied to you on Friday but its disappeared : 0 I was saying that I attend the Cfs/me clinic here in West Yorkshire. I actually went on Friday. Unfortunately the service is limited to 8 sessions, as are a lot of nhs services. It is also miles away taking me and hour and a half to get there.

B

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.