I have made a stupid error but for a few weeks.....

Posted , 3 users are following.

i can't believe it! i have made a stupid mistake but by accident, i brought a soft drink which was fizzy only to glance the ingredients and discover it has barley malt extract in it. i feel so stupid but cross too! why would you put barley in to a soft drink? what damage would i have done? feel worried.....

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Try not to let it happen again, unless you purchased a case of the stuff.

• Posted

i know thanks i feel like such a fool, it was an accident and coeliac UK told me it's not too bad. i didn't know how much damage i had done, i was very scared but felt stupid!

• Posted

As I've said in other post, one needs to take a dietary supplement that ease the pain of gluten. Also include a table spoon of extra virgin olive oil. This will help with the digestion of bready foods. but the objective is to eat less of these bready foods. For instance this morning i got a single small dounut. But took a table spoon of the olive oil before consuming the sweet.

• Posted

hi lostin, i don't know if you have a gluten intolerance or are coeliac. coeliac s can't have bread and mustn't either. it was a stupid error and i have learnt to read labels much more carefully.

• Posted

I'm wondering has anyone tried NAAN bread as this is doesn't have many of the bi-products as regular loaf bread has. if I get a hankerin for a pizza I sub the pizza dough for the NAAN bread and found I can have pizza without the guilt. If you've never tried NAAn bread, I would give it a try just to see if this can be an alternative for your digestion system.

• Posted

hi lostin, i have discovered i can't have naan bread for a simple reason, apart from being coeliac i also am allergic to beans and pulses including chickpeas, this is what gram flour/naan bread flour is. it's not fair, i have however discovered gluten free pizza bases and how to make them.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.