I have Menierre’s and it would help to talk to others who understand

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have been battling bouts of Vertigo for about 20 years on and off. Maybe comes back every 4 or 5 years in between each attack. I have tricked myself in to believing that I don't need to worry about it until it reminds me it's here as it has for the past 4 days. The first attack lasted 14 days. I kept a log after having gone to the doctor to get checked out. I went to an ENT and they determined it was Meniere's. I have made a conscious effort in the past to not eat salt or try to cut back on it. I ate a bag of sunflower seeds and woke up with another attack about 2 days later. im hoping it goes away soon. i can drive and i go to work. i am dizzy throughout the day so i manage. its very tricky and comes and goes. when i am in an upright position everything seems ok until i stand. i go to sleep and wake up and it starts all over then it gradually weakens in severity. the Dr Fosters half somersalt maneuver seems to help. i just want it to go away completely.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

IF IT COMES AND GOES I DOUBT ITS MENNIERES....SOUNDS LIKE CRYSTALS......

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.