I have my 2nd bartholin cyst/abscess and I literally wanna crawl in a hole and never come out...

Posted , 6 users are following.

I'm 24 years old and already experincing my 2nd bartholin cyst/abscess Monday night I knew something was wrong... I was barely swollen but I was tender when I touched the area of where my gland is. My first experience with a bartholin cyst was tramatizing. I spent days in bed and not even being able to use the restroom. As soon as I noticed that something wasn't right this time I rushed to the ER, long story short I got put on Zeflex and pain medication. I've been doing a sitz bath 4 times a day 15 minutes each time since tuesday. I feel like it just keeps getting bigger and bigger. I went to my doctors appointment today and they didn't want to drain it since it was "soft" so they sent me home and told me to come back in a week but to keep taking the antibiotic. I guess I just don't have much hope that this is going to go away without it being drained. Also the doctor said I was a good candidate for marsupialization surgery, if anyone can give me their experiences on that I would greatly appreciate it . Also any advice of home remedies that anyone has tried or experienced please let me know. I'm willing to try anything that can help me at this point. 

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Well for inflammation i've been taking

1000th Tumeric Curcumin. Gluten free and dairy free and 100 percent preservative free.

So far it seems it is keeping the Bartholins cyst I had drained and incision'd shrunk down and keeping the swelling and inflammation away.

I would also like some information about the

Marsupulization and after effects.

The area still is tender and sensitive during sex.

It's alot better than it was the first three weeks of healing. I'm hoping my cyst doesn't recur and cause me to get marsupulization.

Anybody out there with experience with this let us know. Thank you and best wishes.

• Posted

Hi Kayla,

I think aI had like 6 bartholin cyst so far and I had a marsupialization the second time. The surgery is not that painfull and the recovery is fast. The thing that you have to have in mind, is that 10 or 15% of the woman that had the surgery have the bartholin again... So, my case is not normal.

• Posted

Thank you for that info! I think I'm going to do the surgery and hope it doesn't return because I can't go through this again. The pain is unbelievable and interferes with my daily life. The doctor told me if mine doesn't go away with antibiotics this time my next step is the surgery so I'm supposed to go in a week but I don't think I can wait. It needs drained or the survey immediately. It seems like it got worse over night.
  • Posted

hi kaylad91,

I suffered from these for about 5 years. I had over 8 of them in those years. The first time i had it, i thought it was a one time thing, but then they kept coming back, It was horrible. I went through the drainging, catheter sitz baths, nothing helped. I was going crazy. I did the marsupialization 11/2014..best decision i have ever made. The recovery was a week and i was back at work. My sex life is awesome now i dont fear the little devil coming back. no pain during sex, and the only thing i notice is a lot of discharge...but i would rather that then the cyst. So..to answer your question, GET THE SURGERY. dont go through it anymore. They wont stop and they come back with avengence. sad best decision i ever made!

• Posted

Hi I'm 27 next week and my problems started August 2014 since then I have had 3 ops August December and just last week the pain for me was so bad I was taking mst ( slow releasing morphine ) which I tried not taking due to it being addictive I have tried countless antibiotics. The last op I had was what your having the way they explained it to me was cutting the cyst open draining it and flipping it inside out the gynaecologist I seen was talking to me about possibly removing the gland due to the fact it's my 3rd huge one in less than a year But unfortunately because I went to a and e through emergency the surgeon wouldn't do it for me if I wanted it doing I would have to talk to my gynaecologistsad who is hopeless I'm just Glan I'm seeing a new guy 3rd August hopefully with fresh eyes my problem will be fixed. I fully understand your pain in the last 11 months I think I've worked about 4 of them due to recovery from the ops and then the cysts coming back
  • Posted

I'm 33 years old and I'm experiencing my eighth batholin cyst/abcess in three years and I have had a marsupialization in hopes that it wouldn't come back but it did, now I'm seriously considering just talking to my doctor and have them remove the whole gland in hopes that it wouldn't come back.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.