I have my AUS implant (AMS 800) finally! (For incontinence)

Posted , 7 users are following.

I reported under some other topics about my history.  Greenlight for BPH on March 10, 2016 followed by a cystoscopy , and then a Gyrus TURP procedure 6 weeks after the GL, because the GL left me incontinent.  So for about 20 months, I have been highly incontinent.

I changed to a new doctor who found I had serious strictures.  I've had multiple procedures, multiple consultations ($$$), including balloon dilation, urethrotomy #1 and then #2.  The last one was successful, at least long enough to be able to have the AUS implant.   I know the strictures could come back in time, but if I get a couple of dry years, I'll be happy.

The implant surgery gave me very little discomfort afterwards, maybe 1.5 or 2 on the 10 point pain scale.  I've had only a few doses of Tylenol at night to tamper the slight sting in the perineum area where a long T shaped incision was made for the implant of the cuff around the bulbar urethra.  The second incision is very low near the pubic bone, and is where the reservoir for the AUS is located.  Tubing runs from the reservoir to the cuff and to the tiny pump which is located in the scrotum.  Sometime around Christmas, the AUS will be activate, and I hope to be dry, of close to it.

I'm a little over 5 days post surgery right now, and the biggest impact, as I approach age 79 in March, was the loss of sleep in the busy hospital where I was held overnight.  I have no complaints, and if anyone would like more information about the surgeon and hospital, send me a private message,

Glenn

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Glenn,

Very happy things went smoothly. All the best wishes for a healthy,

merry and dry Christmas!

Jim

• Posted

Prayers for you, you have had a rough time ! So sorry.

Glad you are better now !

Best- J

• Posted

Good luck, Hospitals are tough places to try and get better.
  • Posted

Glenn you have been through a lot.  I hope this will be your last.  Take care and good health to you  God Bless  Ken
  • Posted

You've been through hell with this - I hope you have a happy, healthy and continent new year.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.