I have my date !!!!!!!YAY

Posted , 3 users are following.

Well when I was younger I never thought I would be happy at getting my womb taken out but at 24 years old

after 2 years of hell and doctors poking me putting cameras into me multiple ultrasounds tablets cuts waiting forever and general rubbish

I will have my hysterectomy on the 25th of next month !!!!!!

I won't lie I'm a little nervous but more than anything I'm so excited to regain my life back no more periods and after being on a period for two years safe to say I will be chuffed to bits to have that never happen again .

And first thing when I have recovered ...... I AM BUYING WHITE UNDERWEAR

And a massive thank you for all the advice I have received from here

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Good luck with everything! I am 33 and just had abdominal hysterectomy with bilateral oopherectomy on May 10th. I can't even imagine having a period for two years ugh. Mine was performed for endometriosis and I also ended up having adenomysis. Just a few tips it would be good to get some gas x and a stool softener because being constipated isn't fun after. Recovering is no picnic but it's worth it for a better quality of life.
    • Posted

Hi I'm 42 and am due to have a total hysterectomy with removal of ovaries and follopian tubes this is due to having Adenmyosis which can cause a lot of tummy bloating and pain. I also have a bulky uterus. Im really nervous and Im worried that I may be making the wrong decision but I really want to feel better. I have been told that I will be having an abdominal hysterectomy due to my bladder being stuck to my cervix after 3 cesarians. How do you feel since having yours? Any infor would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
    • Posted

It really depends woman to woman. I am still recovering but I think it was the right decision. I was in chronic pain and exhausted constantly now I am just exhausted lol which is very common. I have my six week checkup for internal healing on July 6th.

• Posted

I had my cervix tubes ovaries and uterus removed for endometriosis and it turns out I also had adenomysis. Since you have adenomysis that is pretty much your only option as far as I know. Best wishes to you!
    • Posted

Sorry for the multiple replies. I also wanted to say I have had no issues with menopause symptoms so far and am on a low dose estrogen,
    • Posted

Thank you so much for getting back to me xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.