I have my pre op for my hysterectomy in craigavon hospital

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello everyone. I have my pre op for the 30th april 2018 for my hysterectomy. Im all over the place can anyone help me and tell me what kind of things to expect plz xx

0 likes, 25 replies

25 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Nicola.

Did your doctor explain to you what type of procedure you’re having.

Are you having a partial or full hysterectomy? Would you share your age and what symptoms you were having prior to your decision to have your hysterectomy?

I’m looking forward to hearing from youbiggrin)) 

• Posted

Hi, Im 48 this year the only symptoms I have are that I have a very swollen tummy and after tests its a 15cm fibroid that cannot be removed key hole so they have suggested I have a hysterectomy.  In the phone call I said yes to surgery so have had no meeting with the consultant to discuss this as was told at the time it would quicken my appointment for an operation. So assume they will tell me everything in my pre op appointment.  I have had no bleeding just discomfort. 
    • Posted

Hey hot tempered 10.

I am.38 years old , i have been severe bleeds every 28 days outta 30 for last 9 years. They have tried to stop the bleeding with marina coil didnt work still bled, nemerous injections and tablets to force my body into menopause i still bled then finally they gave me a womb abliation and took coil out and that never worked still bled. So after 9 years of fighting they r finally agreeing to doing a vaginal hyster, but because im epileptic they have got me to sign the consent form as there is a high possiblity of having to have the full hysterectomy and having to open me up instead xx

• Posted

Hi Nicola.

I apologize for this long delay.

Your 38 years old. This is a few years more than when my doctor strongly suggested.

I’m truly understanding how your doctors may feel, due to the underlying medical issues. I have 3 family members with Epilepsy. They’ve had different approaches to various procedures as well as medications, due to tbe additional concern. I’m more inclined to agree with your doctor as far as having them open you up. I had the same with only my uterus. They are able to easily view what’s going on.

Please review everything with your doctor. This is only merely an opinion.

If you completely trust your doctor, than consider the suggestions.

Please stay in touch.

Sending hugsbiggrin)

• Posted

I had a abdominal hysterectomy three years ago i was nervous like you before hand I was well looked after you'll be fine it's the recovery that takes time you will need to take it easy just no housework and just small steps at a time I had eight weeks off work

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.