I have Naltrexone

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi guys 

?Just wanted to share with you all that I'm picking up my prescription for Naltrexone on Thursday . Apparently I have to turn up in the afternoon and get it then . If I don't then the prescription will be cancelled ? The Doctor said that this was the way it works ! 

Very sad that this is the way people with an addiction , the people that want to help themselves will be treated ,

?He also gave me a leaflet about Naltrexone . He said ..... Oh this wont be for you but it's the only info I have and also , be careful where  you leave it because it refers to people coming off Heroin. 

?I feel like I've said before that I've run a marathon to get this . Through all of this I must say the effort has taken it out of me and the stress alone , never mind other crap has not made it easy to stop drinking . xx

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

You have been very lucky to get prescribed naltrexone. Forget about the slog to get it, your life is about to become much better for it.
  • Posted

good luck with that and your decision to wean your brain off alcohol.  You are making a good decision, don't let anything or anyone come between you and that decision.  

• Posted

Just read this message and great news about yours medicine. Should make a difference! Robin
  • Posted

I think it can only help your life. Good luck and keep posting! A lot of us have experience with Naltrexone so let us know anything
  • Posted

Naltrexone, it's saving my life....I'm a bit worried however as I'm drinking and taking Naltrexone and my liver numbers have gone up. MY GP doesn't know I'm taking this med as I don't think she would accept it. (Well here in Florida I don't go to a doctor but a Nurse Practitioner....they actually are better and more open minded and can give scripts even for powerful meds which I will not take.)

But she thought my numbers were due to INCREASED drinking when in reality it is not; still drinking but taking Naltrexone....but cannot go cold turkey either so I'm hoping after 2 more months, I'll begin to balance out my numbers. So many years of drinking cannot be wiped out in just a few weeks. I'm on this for life!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.