I have nausea after every meal.

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hey guys,

I am a 21 year old male and I have been having a lot of issues with my stomach. I have nausea literally after meal or anything that I eat. This has been going on for a year now and at first it was happening once in a while, but now it is everyday. In terms of treatment, my gallbladder was checked and it came out fine. I also have done a test for H. Pylori to ensure that I don't have gastritis or anything and it also came back negative. About a couple months ago I had an endoscopy done on me that showed that my stomach was actually healthy with no inflammation and so my doctor concluded that it was just stress. I do have a history of clinical depression and chronic stress. The depression I believe is at least 85% gone, but the stress is still here. I've tried a lot of things to manage the stress and they have helped a little but, but I haven't seen a very big difference in the nausea. This problem is just destroying me because I can barely sit at work or even go to the gym. Any tips will be appreciate (please).

PS Can vitamin deficiencies contribute to nausea after meals (I don't feel nauseous when I don't eat)?

0 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

If you are eating a balanced diet with lots of fruit and vegetables, you shouldn't be deficient in vitamins.

• Posted

Try not to think in this way because stress and anxiety can bring on nausea. There is always hope and a solution. Ask for anti nausea medication. Are you on any anxiety medication? If not, ask for some or look into relaxation therapy and CBT. Try to do things you enjoy to distract yourself from your stomach. Distraction techniques do help with stress symptoms. This worked for me for my abdominal pain. It sounds like anxiety and depression is your main problem and a likely culprit for the nausea.Speak to your doctor about your mental health and adjust your diet.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.