I have neck pain and dealing lately with losing control issue and a bit memory

Posted , 4 users are following.

A brief into into about me.

I am 26, Software Engineer, and athletic.

It started last month. I woke up with neck pain and I thought maybe I slept in a wrong position. I didn't give that much importance. The pain was still there then I thought maybe the pillow was not comfortable. changed it and waited a couple of days. Still the same. I only feel the pain when I am working or moving my head or sitting in a non comfortable way.

So last week I started experiencing short memory issues. I would tell a story and forget some details. Then I would fear a bit. During work sometimes, I sometimes feel losing control and my heart beats faster maybe from fear, I just open some window and drink water or some sugar.

I guessed it's from neck pain. I took some muscerol, magnesiums.

I rested for 3 days didnt do much. I decided to walk or maybe run a bit to test myself. Again once I was walking, felt some numbness, heart beat got faster and started losing some control. Took a deep breath drank water back to home. Neck pain was there.

I am going to consult a doctor but decided to post it here also. Are all of these symptoms of the neck or I got something else?

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Edited

I think you have at least two things happening.

1. You may be experiencing a bulging or herniated disc in your neck. Something as innocuous as your pillow can cause it. When the disc herniates or bulges, it can pinch a nerve -- which, in turn, produces pain, numbness, or diminished muscle control in any of your neck, shoulders, traps, biceps, forearms, and hands. It can be a very bothersome problem that seemingly never gets better. So, you need to go to a doctor and get an MRI to confirm or rule out the problem.

2. Your other ailments may be related to anxiety from #1, above.

In any event, I'm not a doctor. I've only suffered from the disc issues mentioned. So, see a doctor.

• Posted

spot on ! My neck problems caused and is still causing me so much anxiety. its terrible where your mind will end up when dealing with chronic pains. hope the poster got the help he needed.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.