I have neuropathy

Posted , 2 users are following.

I had 2 lumber spinal fusion operations two yrs ago,and after then I started having numbness in my leg and both feet with electric shock pain also I have muscle twitching and waiting for a appointment to see a neurologist.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I'm on my second week recovering from L3-L4 and L4-L5 lumbar fusion, I had the electrical shock or burning sensation in both foot, also right side back pain from the spine across to my hip with burning sensation before my surgery.  Since my surgery I have numbness from the front of my right thigh inwards and from my knee to my ankle the numbness is the from Shin bone to my inner calve.  I'm also having Sciatic pain on my left thigh and the left side of my back along with weakness in my right leg.  Although the burning and electric shock in my feet has subsides.

• Posted

Hi I will be 3 yrs post op next January 

my numbness and pain hasn't got any better and it's worse now.

ive seen a neurologist and had tests on my nerves waiting for the results I had none of these symptoms before my operations I went in because I had sciatica and spinal stenosis I no that it's to early to know if your symptoms will go away in time as it's very invasive and the nerves do have trauma and it takes time for them to settle down.

i hope you have a good recovery.

jennie

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.