I have no answers, and its starting to make life difficult. Please help.

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hello,

My name is KC and I'm struggling. For the past 2 and a half years I've been experiencing these "episodes" . They started my junior year of high school. Initially I would get really nauseous (which I've always had problems with but I'll chalk that up to anxiety) and then really dizzy. I remember walking down the hallway and it felt like I was in one of those spinning tunnel rides at the fair. My family thought it might be hypoglycemia so I took care to eat right, and went and got tested. The results came back normal. After that, the episodes just got worse. I would get dizzy, then lightheaded, then occasionally blackout for a few seconds at a time. Often, when I feel gone enough that I might blackout I often have really bad slurred speech.

Soon-thereafter I was banned from driving by a neurologist until he said it was safe. From senior year to now my episodes occur in 2 forms. I either get really dizzy and really bad tunnel vision and struggle to focus on anything I should see and hear around me (this is the one that happens the most often) , or I get really loopy and lose my filter and start laughing till I cry for no reason at all. I'm in my freshman year of college and I've been tested for hypoglycemia, brain tumors, seizures, and heart problems, as well as questioned about any childhood trauma physical or metal I might have had (I've had a very very normal childhood). Everything has come back normal and when I described my symptoms to the cardiologist he said I had "vertigo" (which I'm not really sure that is it because the moment I mentioned dizziness that was the only thing he talked about the whole visit) and that it was safe for me to drive. I take care to not drive or pull over if an episode occurs.

They sometimes are gone for weeks at a time and then for a month I'll get them everyday, or every other day, or multiple times a day. No rhyme or reason, with the exception that they are more frequent and worse on my period. I'm well aware that to people who don't personally know me I probably look like an addict of some kind. Myself and my parents feel that because I am so young (and a woman) that I've been brushed off by doctors as being dramatic. I just want answers so I don't have to live my whole life like this. They occur at the most random times (and no not when I'm feeling anxious like people have told me it probably is) and are starting to pick up in speed again. I passed out senior prom night, got wheeled out in a wheelchair after passing out in choir senior year, and have had to be put on the floor by my cheer teammates my last couple of practices now. I know it's not something I can control but its humiliating. Please give advice I just want answers.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.