I have no appetite force myself to eat, wake up hungry in the middle of night.

Posted , 4 users are following.

I've had mono for 4 months, does anyone have loss of appetite? ( I never had sore throat or swollen glands.) I have to force myself to eat, sometimes feel like I could choke on food.  I eat healthy and drink protein shakes, wake up in the middle of the night hungry and have to get up to eat something.  Feeling extreme fatigue also. Any suggestions?

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Hi GIner,

?Ye,s to the loss of appetite, months 2-5.5 were horrible for that, I started feeling better at 6.5 months my appetite came back had a relapse a month ago and am having loss of appetite again( never as bad as when I was first sick) Melon was the one thing that didn't make me nauseous, I still have bouts of fatigue. Fatigue, nausea and low mood seem to be the last symptoms to go. It will get better even if it doesn't feel that way right now.

• Posted

Hi GIner,

?Ye,s to the loss of appetite, months 2-5.5 were horrible for that, I started feeling better at 6.5 months my appetite came back had a relapse a month ago and am having loss of appetite again( never as bad as when I was first sick) Melon was the one thing that didn't make me nauseous, I still have bouts of fatigue. Fatigue, nausea and low mood seem to be the last symptoms to go. It will get better even if it doesn't feel that way right now. Lots of rest very important.

• Posted

Hi Giner,

So sorry to hear you've been having such a tough time with mono, yes as Mono here says I think it definitely can affect your appetite. If you're finding it hard to eat as much, a good way maybe to get some of the nutrients you need could be through taking extra supplements in addition to the protein shakes. Would definitely recommend a good strong multi-vitamin per day, high doses of Vitamin C (1000mg-3000mg per day), a B complex tablet per day (helps with energy levels and nervous system) and an immune boosting herb like echinicea or siberian ginseng.

Hang in there - it is a horrible virus and so hard to deal with when it goes on for months, but remember it DOES get better and you will feel like yourself again - thinking of you.

Craig

• Posted

Craig,

Thank you for your words of encouragement and suggestions!

It really helps.

Ginger

• Posted

I was so relieved to know someone else had these symptoms, everyone I talked to had never heard of the loss of appetite.  I was beginning to think something else was wrong.  Thank you for your support.
    • Posted

You're welcome Giner, just hang in there and look after yourself at this time - don't put pressure on yourself, it takes time to recovery from this, I think it can affect everyone differently and all sorts of symptoms can occur with people - I think just generally the stress of it all can also affect your appetite too.

Thinking of you and trusting God that you and everyone on here will make a full recovery - I truly believe that.

Craig

• Posted

Hi GIner,

​Loss of appetite is very common, my daughter and I got it from my granddaughter and we all have had loss of appetite. This virus seems to hit everyone a little differently. This has always been worse in the morning for me and at night it improves, so strange.

• Posted

Thanks for your reply, it's helpful to know other people are experiencing the same symptoms .

• Posted

Hang in there Giner.....things will get better for you I truly believe that so try not to worry hard as it is I know, I really do!

Mono, hope that you are doing not too bad at the moment, how is your daughter? Still thinking about you and believing in your recovery also thanks to Jesus.

Craig

• Posted

Hi Craig,

​Up and down, always feel better in the evening, My daughter had some better days last week and then feeling terrible this last week, yesterday was a little better for her, I sure wish this would even out for everyone. Did you have ups and downs as you recovered? It will be a full year for me at the end of next month.

• Posted

Hi Giner, 

This is month 9 for me. I have experienced little to no appetite as well along with many other symptoms. My stomach feels as though it is in a spasm at all times. It has gotten better in time. At about month 5 in May I felt sooo much better still had the fatigue and some aches but I was able to eat everything again.  No stomach pain. It all went away over night. Honestly. But in July it all came back. 

What am I learning is we have to take care of ourselves and have ALOT of patience with our bodies while this virus is being sorted out. 

I believe we have the fatigue and the issues because of your body trying it's best to taper this virus down. We just have to have faith all will be well in time. 

Many prayers for you 🙏🏼

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.