I have no energy and don't feel like myself

Posted , 13 users are following.

I have no energy to do anything.  I feel like I need to sit or lie down all the time.  I wake up and look forward to when I could go to sleep again.  Everything I need to do feels like a chore, even brushing my teeth.  I am no longer productive in anything.  I lack the energy and motivation.  I go to bed always saying that tomorrow will be a better day and I will do everything I need to do.  My body feels shaky, and I feel so unbalanced.  My body aches, but I don't even know if it's real or in my head.  I am 47 years old.  My periods are regular but some months there is bleeding in between.  I go twice a year to my gynecologist and my tests come back good.  I have diabetes, type 2, and everything is under control with medication.  I am also on Paxil and Wellbutrin for depression, but I have been on that for many years.  This feeling I have has started over 8 months ago.  I feel so alone, sad, and dont like myself or how I feel all the time.  I feel extremely useless.  If I do one thing, I feel exhausted.  You would think I'm jet lagged.  Can somebody help me?  I want to feel alive again.

1 like, 55 replies

55 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Anemia has very specific symptoms along with some rare ones as shown below.

Easy fatigue and loss of energy

Unusually rapid heart beat, particularly with exercise

Shortness of breath and headache, particularly with exercise

Difficulty concentrating

Dizziness

Pale skin

Leg cramps

Insomnia

A hunger for strange substances such as paper, ice, or dirt (a condition called pica)

Upward curvature of the nails, referred to as koilonychias

Soreness of the mouth with cracks at the corners

If you are experiencing any of these symptoms then you need to seek medical attention.

• Posted

oh wow, I do have shortness of breath. Not bad, but just a few step I take, I feel a shortness of breath.  I am really going to investigate into this. 
  • Posted

Hi Jcort,

I feel exactly like you. This is aweful, and not like me. I used to do a hundred things a day, now its a good day if I do one simple chore!! You are in perimenopause whether your blood test shows it or not. I was tested day two of my period and def perimenopausal.. This is a huge symptom

• Posted

It is so depressing when cleaning one bathroom in my house is like a huge accomplishment. And when my husband comes home and asks what I did that day and I say well I washed my hair! Lol
    • Posted

I want to feel like me again.  I want to feel motivated to go into the shower or wash a dish.  It is like my whole life has become so unorganized.  I pray I can get past this.  My mind and stomach get a sick feeling when I know I have to do something.  Does it get better?  
    • Posted

I'm experiencing the exact same thing! I don't even take care of myself anymore!!

• Posted

Hi jcort, you are definitely not alone. I have several days in a row of waking up only to take a 2 hour nap 3 hours later. I feel like I could just lay there all day. No motivation either. A lot of the symptoms you describe sound peri menopausal based on other people's posts on here. Be encouraged that you are definitely not alone and there are good days coming. We will get through this.

• Posted

gosh i thought there was something wrong with me I can sleep 8 hours at night and whilst ive been off I work on a schools contract i go back to sleep and have been known to sleep for three hours! at the weekend when im back at work i do the same. when I dont get a sleep in the day im absolutely shattered
  • Posted

Yes have days like this where I just want to lie down & do nothing . It makes me anxious. & useless.

I think it's perimenopause as I have dibilitating nausea alongside .

Did your GP refer you to an endocrinologist ?

This forum is a great support as I don't feel I am the only one going through these symptoms .

• Posted

i have diabetes so I've been going to my endo dr for 12 years.  She does blood work every three months, so I am going to discuss this with her.  If she can't help me, I will contact my GP.  I've been feeling nauseous myself.  I didn't make the connection to peri menopause at all.  My mind jumps so ahead of me.  I started looking up pancreatic diseases or cancer.  I am finding some comfort since I came across this site.  I don't feel so weird anymore

• Posted

I went to the health store today and bought progester cream. I'm desparate here and its a big seller at this store. I hope it works. Im willing to try anything at this point. I used to keep my house so immaculate, and I hardly do anything anymore: ( I will keep you posted how it works

• Posted

I would love to know how it works.  I always kept my house clean.  I'm embarrassed to say what it has become.

• Posted

ditto colleen i was the same in fact I used to hoover two-three times a day now i just do the basics I feel really bad as I feel so lazy and thats not me at all 
    • Posted

I feel its helping. I washed my garage floor the other day, and did a lot. I had 2 ankle surgeries the past few yes, and now I can't walk in the morning!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.