I have no idea what's wrong with me! violent vomiting

Posted , 4 users are following.

It started almost two weeks ago. My usual nausea bout that id been having on and off for over a year became vomiting.. random.. and today I'm laying in bed all day after vomiting so bad this morning my neck glands then became swollen and its been hard to swallow anything. I'm taking ibuprofen/Panadol to reduce that. So tired i just want to sleep. Stomach grumbly and weird a little heartburn ..no diarrhoea tho..or pain.. my head feels dull. I'm 55, have a Mirena device (two years) on Cymbalta for anxiety/depression but that's getting worse due to recent ongoing stress. I'm sick of feeling sick.. doctor has ordered general blood tests the other day and blood glucose etc.. that was before i felt like this.. maybe back tomorrow to see him 😝😷??😱

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Your Long term problem sounds like reflux - you need a PPI.

Your acute problem sounds like viral gastro.

• Posted

Thankyou is that endoscopy PPI? im musty randomly puking every day.. no discomfort.. just freaking nausea and now i vomit where i used to just feel nausea bouts and my body heats up weird
    • Posted

No endoscopy but yes sometimes my nausea now surprises me with a random vomit omg yuk
  • Posted

Ask to have the Mirena device removed; it can cause side effects with some people. Anti depressants can also cause side effects.
    • Posted

Thankyou I just had a pelvic ultrasound last week and hoping I can have it removed..x
  • Posted

Google mirena device and see that some of what you are experiencing are the side effects of the device.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.