I have no insurance I have huge fibroids bleeding every day any help?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I've also been depressed thefinebros are hurting they're growing clotting real bad

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

we dont know how old you are.

if you are in your 40's listen up, this is my story.

at age 42 i was in agony with pain.

always seemed to be bleeding heavy.

the gynno said i had fibroids that were causing all this.

i was put on a waiting list for a hysterectomy.

in the meantime i carried on working as a bus driver.

the buses where old with no power steering so life was difficult, but i knew i had to keep working to get my 3 kids through uni.

my hysterectomy appointment came through for 4 months later.

by that time everything had got better by itself so i cancelled the op.

this must have been my menopause.

if you look on dr google you will see that the fibroids shrink as the estrogen fails in us.

if theres no way to see a doctor, eat food with iron ie eggs ,liver.

i hope someone can offer you advice regarding subsidised medical fees.

i'm assuming you live in usa.

• Posted

Hi Tori, I was suffering from fibroid as well and had multiple blood transfusion and a open myomectomy at last. I suffered for 3 years, I was placed under different consultants as they were not ready to take the responsibility as I was 19 years. I never saw my consultant for 1 and half year strange even when I came in A&E after being anemic he never came to check on me . There were times where I felt depressed, disappointed and cried feeling sorry for myself. My GP asked another consultant to look at my medical case as nothing was done and my fibroids were already bulky and pressing on my bladder. I don't know if I was unlucky or placed in with doctor with no empathy nobody bothered to do anything other than giving me Zoladex injection to shrink fibroids but I was still bleeding with a lot of clots so,my family asked me to go to USA for treatment. I had no insurance like you and my parents don't earn much as well but they told me at the end of the day what matters is you and your health so, we went to UCSF medical center in SanFrancisco and consulted with Doctor Jeannette Lager she is an angle she is the true example of a doctor. She listened to me and explained me everything in detailed and told me as I am young and want to have family its best to go with open myomectomy. I had my surgery done on 10/08/2015 and here I am fit and fine. If you want to do treatment in UK then please chase your doctor they only think about themselves as they want to be on the safe side and they will try to push you towards hysteroctomy or UAE. Hope you will get better and with the grace of God I pray may your fibroid get shrink.
  • Posted

First of all you need to believe that there is a solution for your problems whether you have insurance or not. There is always something that you can do to eliminate the issue or at least reduce the symptoms.

Are there any free clinics where you live that you can go to? You will need to see a doctor especially if you are bleeding everyday. Search in google or yahoo answers for free clinics for those with no insurance.

The natural approach is also something you can incorporate into your life even though it is not a quick fix but occurs over a period of time to create a body that does not allow tumors to develop and grow. It is about making a lifestyle change.

But some things that you can start doing now may include;

* Looking at your diet. Are you eating anything that is feeding the tumors. Try to avoid or reduce meat, chicken, fish that is full of chemicals that can interact with your hormones. Eat more vegetables, fruits, fiber, drink more water, etc.

*Have you tried the castor oil packs for fibroids?

*There are some herbs that may be able to reduce bleeding such as red raspberry, shepherd’s purse and yarrow. 30 drops of red raspberry and yarrow tincture 3 times a day may help with the bleeding. If the bleeding does not decrease, add shepherds purse.

*If you do not have access to these herbs, you may try cinnamon – two to three teaspoons in a cup of hot water every 30 minutes until you notice the bleeding slowing.

*Other things you can do to improve your immune system to help it fight fibroids is to mix a tablespoon of organic apple cider vinergar in water (8 oz or more) and drink this daily. You should also try to eat a clove of garlic daily, make ginger tea, etc.

*If you are losing a lot of blood, make sure that you do not develop anemia which is when your body does not have enough iron because of the heavy bloodloss. Make sure you take your multivitamins which should contain iron. If you start to feel weak and fatigued, you may have anemia so see a doctor asap.

Don’t lose hope and don’t be frightened. You can overcome these tumors. There is always a way out. I wish you the best. Also do not get too stressed as stress can affect tumors. Worries do not solve problems. Positive actions do.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.