I have not had a period for 2 years to the day. Now I have started to bleed again.

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have gone through all the menopause symptoms and have felt so awful with hot flushes etc at times.  I discovered high strength sage about a month ago.  No more hot flushes just like that!  I thought Im getting back to my old self again and have been so happy. Now 2 years to the day I have started a period - what the hell is going on?  No wonder I have felt depressed and headachy for the last five days.    Not sure if I need to visit the doctor.  Any thoughts please?  Im really disappointed!!

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Doesn't surprise me, to be honest. From what I have read on these discussion groups the menopause is very unpredictable. I thought my menopause had passed. No period for 160 days, hot flushes and night sweats had stopped, but I started my period last week. However, that said, if it were me, I'd see my doctor just in case. After all, you haven't had a period for 2 years. I have read that if you have bleeding after menopause you should get it checked out because it could be something serious. Always best to be safe than sorry.

• Posted

Dear Kay

This does not sound like a normal period given the long period of cessation.   You should go to your GP promptly and get referral to a gynaecologist to rule out anything sinister.  Best wishes Lyn

• Posted

Hi Kay,

I agree with the other ladies, please gave it checked out. Not to scare you but a friend recently started again after stopping for years and it turned out to be very serious. She had to get a hysterectomy and is starting chemo now. It's worth peace of mind at the very least. 

• Posted

I went through a similar thing had menapouse for two years and then started getting irregular bleeding I went to doctors and was referred to hospital for scan who referred me to a gynecologist who investigated it through a hystcopey I'm glad I did in the end I had a hysterectomy which I'm glad I had as it was getting heavy and could have got worse if I'd left it best to go to doctors and get checked for peace of mind good luck

• Posted

Thanx Caroline.  The worry I've been through!  I have an appointment on 22 Sep so not long to wait.  I wasn't bleeding heavily, I guess it was more like a "dirty period". You must know what I mean by that, no real red blood, just dirty.  Now I after a few days it's just discharge. It's really been like it was before I stopped 2 years ago.  This all started not long after taking high strength sage-strange.  Don't fancy a hysterectomy.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.