I have only had BP for a week and I'm truly holding out for hope I will fully recover

Posted , 3 users are following.

My doctor gave me prednisone and a steroid and artificial tears. My mouth is the worst but I haven't experienced any pains yet I've only been dealing with this for a week. But I eye tears up uncontrollably which is bothersome when trying to drive my children somewhere. I am a single parent of eight oldest fifteen and youngest three and I'm 47yrs old. My kids are my biggest supporters. But I welcome any outside advice. Pls continue to give me hope

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I hope you are patching your eye at night.  You need to do that until your eye closes on it's own.  Be patient it could take a few months.
    • Posted

I hadn't but I am putting in the eye drop on a regular basis but as of tonight I will start patching my eye every night. Thanks for such a timely response
  • Posted

Have you seen an eye dr. I have been under the care of one for 5 months. My eye finally closed on its own after 4 months. I do eye gel 6 times a day, have tear duct plugs, and an eyelid plug. This can cause the cornea to scratch if not treated. Good luck.
    • Posted

I hadn't been under the care of an eye doctor but I will make an appointment now knowing that my corneas can get scratched. I thank you so much for the tips. I also do exercises with my face and I apply a warm towel at night. I have also met and talked personally with people that have it five and ten yrs ago and to talk to them my wouldn't even know they once had it. One lady told me that her Pastor told her to call out all of the names of the people that hurt her because she could have been holding on to some resentment which can cause a pressure build up and give it to God. That might work as well
    • Posted

It isn't necessary to see an eye dr.  Anyone that you have seen should have told you to cover the eye until it closes on it's own.  I bought an eye patch at the drug store.  I think I wore it 3 or 4 months just at night.  It is to prevent scratching the cornea while you sleep.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.