I have outlived my usefulness

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have come to the accept the fact that have outlived my usefulness. i cant afford to go anywhere or do anything. family members pretty much ignore me. My wife and i have two children. Both graduated from four year colleges with degrees. After our youngest moved out i waited naked in our bed for my wife. When she saw me she said the first thing to come to her mind "EWW". She appeared embarrassed by what she said and i pretended not to hear what she said. i then got up and went and watched some tv . Everyday i get up and cant wait for the day to be over.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Edited

hi john, i can't believe what i read. i feel you're exceptionally lonely. you can be even if you're surrounded by people. you are also exceptionally sad. really sad. have you spoken to anyone outside your family about this? anyone professional or anyone else? you must have a deep seated reason to feel so desperate. even though you feel everyone ignores you, you must be wanted somehow. someone loves you. has your wife spoken to you about how you feel? how does she feel? write it down if you don't feel happy enough to speak! tell someone, anyone you want. if you speak some of the pain may go away. i am here so are other people.

• Posted

I had the same issue with my ex. tbh maybe lying naked wasnt the brightest idea. but still her reaction was her true feelings so do not ignore it. Also it seems you two have come a long way having had grown up kids. I think its like that once you pass a certain threshold and i know i said leave her in my previous post but maybe that was a bit too harsh. You are useful to someone you raised your kids well enough for them to have their own lives you done a good job and you kept your wife happy all these years so you are a very useful person. Just enjoy other stuff now maybe take a hobby n do stuff that does not generally cost a lot.

start a youtube channel on a subject you enjoy or something. You are a very useful dude. Dont let anyone bring you down my man.

• Posted

hi john, i didn't realize your wife was so rude! you need someone who takes you for you, leave her. see how she likes that! rude woman, my husband would never say that to me. your kids need you, someone stable in your life. get somewhere else, that your kids can come to and be away from your wife. good luck. i still light candles every day. i will pray you"ll be ok too. keep going. you CAN do this.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.