I have pain in my left forearm, its going up my arm to ward my wrist.

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi, I have been getting a pain in my left forearm on the inside, not actully the the elbow, its on the soft side of the arm , it hurts on a soft touch, it is working its way up the arm towards the wrist, my hand and wrist is not affected, I have been looking on line foe any information, it has brought me to this page ? any ideas cheers Dawn

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Have you been to the GP over it yet? Also was there any previous injury to your arem or operation?
    • Posted

Hi Chrissie, no not yet, I have other health issues that they are dealing with, so mentioning this pain too I feel like an hypogondriact. There has not been an injury, the pain was mild at first and now it is working up my arm toward my wrist, but no pain in my wrist or hand, It hurts more on touch, so god knows what it i ? xx Dawn
    • Posted

I will not tell you conclusively but you have to see the GP for this as a separate issue.
    • Posted

I work as a domestic at our local hospital, and I have not pulled it as far as I know, if I had of pulled it, Its Saturday I thought about taking ibroprophen to ease the pain, and see how I get on, Ill see how it goes and will ring the NHS service for advice. Thanks Chrissie xx
  • Posted

Hi Dawn,

I have found the pain and the areas of pain I get makes no sense. Somtimes I can't put any weight or let any of my arm touch anything. Somtimes I can't rest on my elbow. At this time I can feel both hands throbbing with a burning type pain, it hurts both feet to stand, yet I can't sit down. Was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia and Osteoarthritis in 2008, each year some new pain has affected my body to the point of unreal full body burning pain, to fat fingers I can't use to open anything and have so much trouble writing or typing.. I know that as long as I drink my homemade ginger water the inflammaiton pain is so much easier to handle. I was drinking it to see if it helped, then went 3 days of not drinking any and couldn't believe the pain I was in. Made more ginger water which stopped the throbbing and buring pain I'm feeling right now. I drank last of ginger water today and know it's time for me to make a new batch. Have you ever been diagnosed with Fibro, OA, or CRPS/RDS? Hope you can get answers as it seems like no one but those who suffer know about CRPS.

Elaine

• Posted

Hi Dawn. I'm so sorry you're having to deal w/this. I have an unusual manifestation of CRPS that blessedly comes and goes. However, your post made me think of another possible cause of your pain. Consider having your neck evaluated. It is unusual to have CRPS only in a non-extremity. (Arm vs hand) I suffered from extreme arm pain that progressed down towards mid hand eventually. An MRI showed that I had severe arthritis/bone spurs in my neck that impinged a nerve and caused the arm pain. Happy to say that much PT and specialized yoga have totally alleviated it. Good luck dear.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.