I have PCOS and have just found out im 7 weeks pregnant with my first baby

Posted , 9 users are following.

I never thought it would be possible but i managed to get pregnant without medication, im so happy and excited although I'm scared at the impact on my pregnancy and baby with PCOS. Has anyone got any advice?

1 like, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Congratulations! Iam sure there are many who have been in your position..let hope some will gather on here to offer you some advice...Make sure you rest initially first timester and third..Drink lots of fresh water every day ..good for baby.
  • Posted

Thank you Dawn. Does anyone have any suggestions?
  • Posted

Some problems you could find along the way ..it is variable ..

Women with PCOS appear to have higher rates of:

Miscarriage.

Gestational diabetes. Could trigger.

Pregnancy-induced high blood pressure (preeclampsia) third Trimester.

Premature delivery. 38 weeks because of Pre Eclampsia..

• Posted

Do you know how common these issues are?
    • Posted

Some of these issues happen without PCOS as well so dont worry yourself ..Make sure you rest as often as you can..No lifting Drink plenty and eat a goo d diet.. full of Protien/ Veg  and not too much Carbohydrate(Sugar). I had pre eclampsia and was induced at 38 weeks. due to BP.. Diabetes may be a problem if you have it in the Family.. But can happen whether you have PCOS or not, as can Miscarriage.  See the Link.
  • Posted

Hi hun. Congratulations on your pregnancy.

I too have PCOS diagnosed back in 2001 when I had to have a cyst the size of a watermelon removed from my right hand side including the ovary. Other than the cysts on both ovaries and heavy periods I have had no other syptoms in all these years.

What I wanted to say is I got pregnant (with just one cyst covered ovary) twice and have a gorgeous boy of 3 and girl of 8 to show for it. I did find it hard to conceive but it happened! Once the midwife, doctor and consultant are aware of your history they will give you all the information you need.

I did go into early labour with both due to carrying big babies but both labours were stopped and the consultant said it wasn't to do with my PCOS.

Good luck and enjoy every minute as it goes so fast x

• Posted

Great news, its nice to know there is hope! I havent had any expereince with pcos pregancy but i hope it all goes well
  • Posted

Hi Becca I was just reading your post and i actually was wonderingif you could help me? I have PCOS for 3 years now and never thought i could get pregnant well i went yestersday to get my ultra sound done to see if the cyst came back but instead i found out i am 8 weeks pregnant and the doctore to me i am considered high risk? can you help me with what might happen or what your experiance was like? Thank you
  • Posted

I'm 14 weeks and 3 days I'm pregnant with pcos I had iui don't worry and stay off Google to many different strioes every pregnancy can have a ms not just people with pcos my midwife told me under 3o more risk actually beacuse young teens smoke drink and don't know they are pregnant once you by first. 12 weeks olny 1 penct chance of it happene so try not worry just drink water and eat veg and congratulations
  • Posted

Just found out that I am 12 weeks pregnant a month after I was diagnosed with PCOS. The funny bit is that my doctor put me on a contraceptive pill when he diagnosed me with PCOS to regulate my menstrual cycle...prbably means that I was already pregnant when I was diagnosed.. So I guess anything is possible :-)
  • Posted

I am in same condition and have thread like white discharge what should i do to make my pregnancy healthy 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.