I have plantar fasciitis in both my feet should I get my drivers license

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have plantar fasciitis in both of my feet. My primary doctor, orthopedic doctor and physical therapist said I shouldn’t get my drivers license does anyone think that’s a good idea?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Seriously?

If you’re wearing 2 medical boots, definitely not! But I have it in both feet, and I’m behind the wheel.

• Posted

Sounds a bit extreme, when I had PF driving was fine as there was no weight on the heel so braking and clutch operation was painless but perhaps you pf is worse and effects the ball of the foot like gout and having had that as well I can vouch that would be dangerous but if there is no pain then should be fine. You say get not keep so it sounds as though you have not passed your test yet so if you can pass the test then you should be fit to drive there are many people who drive when they shouldn't half blind or physically impaired and PF is normally controlled if not gone after a few months rest or course of exercises. 

• Posted

As others have said it really depends on your own particular situation.

It does seem rather extreme but your doctors must have good reason for advising this.

The main issue would be that because of extreme pain you would not be able to brake sufficiently hard to avoid an accident and that would of course be dangerous.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.