I have pots, I’m wondering if these marks are just another symptom

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hiya, i got diagnosed with POTS fairly recently so i know my body will continue to show more symptoms since im young.

i noticed these marks about 2 months ago. they fluctuate in colour from a light pink to a darker purple usually depending on how warm i am. the warmer, the darker they are. they showed up around the time i realised that my feet and legs would turn splotchy dark grey and white when standing in the shower.

they arent painful or raised, and they never disappear.

the timing and the elements that make the colour change makes me think its to do with my POTS, but i could be wrong.

they make me feel really uncomfortable so if anyone has an idea what they are or has experience and knows theres a way to at least calm them, that would be so helpful. i just dont think this is a doctors issue so thought id ask here.image

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

If it's uncomfortable or worrying you in any way, it is a matter for your doctor. These could be to do with problems with your blood flow/vasodilation/vasoconstriction.

Also, don't assume that because you are young, you are going to see more symptoms or necessarily get worse. Based on the admittedly small amount of research on the topic, young people are more likely to recover from POTS than older people.

Are you wearing compression garments and does that make any difference?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.