I have questions about an MRI after surgery, can you please help???

Posted , 8 users are following.

I had surgery on my left shoulder 6 weeks ago, and have been in EXCRUCIATING pain ever since the day after surgery...(and that is with taking pain meds, Ibuprofen, Gabapentin, and using cold packs. ) Before my surgery I had an MRI done that showed that I have a torn rotator cuff, (suprastinus, greater than 50%), inpingement, bone spurs, arthritis. I think thats all. Anyways my surgeon did surgery but said that I did not have a tear AT ALL, so he didn't repair it. I totally believed him. Last week I got ahold of the Radilology Center, who said that they looked back at my MRI, and stand by their report 100%, that I absolutely DO have a tear. When I saw my surgeon today I explained my pain, again, to him, and asked him to please give me a referral for an MRI to ease my mind. He told me that I have Frozen Shoulder, and that he's not going to let me get an MRI right now, because it will show up as a torn rotator cuff no matter what, since my surgery was just six weeks ago. He said the "inflammation" will appear to be a tear. My question is, Is this true??? I have been doing my physical therapy, so I don't see how I could possibly have a frozen shoulder. Also, I have read that you NEED to do an MRI, to properly diagnose frozen shoulder.....So why isn't my surgeon letting me get one?? I don't care who's right, or who's wrong. I just want answers. Have been in this god awful pain for 6 weeks now. Ty for any help you can give!!

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

So if he says you did not have a tear, what exactly did he do? 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.