I have quit drinking

Posted , 10 users are following.

for 8 days now. I was drinking almost every day about 1.5 liters of wine, but my stomach hurts so bad. Has anyone ever had this problem?

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Sue. Good for you on the 8 days. You should be proud!!! ☺
  • Posted

Great! I'm sure our bodies go through a reaction, my advice would be to eat well and drink lots of water. Keep up the good work.

• Posted

Hi Sue

Congratulations on 8 days , you should feel very very proud of yourself. Maybe for peace if mind you should visit your GP and get checked out . We are all different but I know when I was drinking heavily I had a really tender stomach especially noticeable at the end of a binge probably due to the abuse i had put it through Although I drink very seldom and very little now as I am following the Sinclair method anything beyond a couple of drinks can still sometimes play havoc with my stomach , it's almost as if my stomach can't/ won't tolerate alcohol.

• Posted

Well done Sue. See your GP please. 2018 will be your year Robin
  • Posted

Hi Sue -

If youre still active here. You probably have gastritis from drinking.It will only get worse if you keep drinking, mine did. I finally just decided to quit drinking after a daily drinking history of about 25 years. Ive probably had this condition for several years and it has now been diagnosed via endoscopy as chronic. I can mostly heal it, but that means never drinking again. I just dont want you to get to the point i have where anything hurts my stomach, Im bloated all the time, i keep losing weight and my body is currently not absorbing all nutrients correctly. In addition, all of this I think has been aggravating my asthma. So, please consider this and maybe consider giving up drinking.....its just not worth it.

Best Wishes,

Keith

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.