i have RA and starting on methotrexate on monday?

Posted , 3 users are following.

was told it was safe to injected even doe i have kidney disease and suffer with my stomach. dont know wat to do?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Go with your instinct.I have CKD3 and oesophagitis and injectA couple of yes I have had to stop because of effect on liver.They are now going to reduce from 25mg /week to 15mg/week and see how I do.
    • Posted

Thanks for the feed back after a long talk with my doctor and lots of research. I decided not to go ahead with taking the injection. Hopefully they can give me something else 😊

• Posted

i was on mthotrexate and have r a as well also you will have to take folic acid day aftet taking methotrexate do not stop it if you think its not doing anything because i did and i am in so much pain if i can i will go back on it i will can you tell me r they skin or muscle injections
    • Posted

Skin won't be going ahead with them had a talk with my own doctor and done alot of research on this not the best for me so hopefully they can give me something else 😊

• Posted

i have got ra and went on the tablets and after 12 week i thought the were doing nothing big mistake if i get to go back on mxt i will may try the injections if they r skin not muscle and take folic acid day after if you go on tablets do not stop them if you do the pain comes back lot worse ps have they offered the tabs
    • Posted

Cant take tabs been like that for years. I'm going back out again to see the nurse to see wat other meds are there to take

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.