I have RA but was just told I tested positive for Lymes disease. Has that happened to anyone else?

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have RA but was just told I tested positive for Lyme disease. Has that happened to anyone else? Di the RA symptoms improve?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Wow that's weird. I know the way I found out that I had RA was I forced my doctor to test for Lyme's and other mosquito diseases. That's when the blood work came back with a high RA factor

• Posted

Systemic Arthritis after Lyme Disease  Rheumatoid Arthritis  by Stephanie Pappas, (Rheumatology network October 2016)

I googled "lyme disease rheumatoid arthritis" and got several intersting links - including the one above. I think you will find it quite interesting. It isn't in medical speak!

• Posted

Weird that's how I was diagnosed with rhuatoid arthritis I tested negative for Lyme

• Posted

Maybe you ought to get a second opinion. Lyme's disease is pretty bad from what I hear

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.