I have recently been converted to losartan after taking ...

Posted , 1 user is following.

I have recently been converted to losartan after taking ramipril for the past 4 years. I am 24yrs old, diabetic insulin controlled and recently had my ramipril dose increased, I believe I have had side affects from ramipril: nervousness, anxiety and depression. My doctor and myself have been very suspicious if this is the case but I have found no side effects of such with losartan. Would be good to hear if you are aware of any such side effects and also if anyone has had such experiences with ramipril

[i:ca640066e5]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:ca640066e5]

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

My mother has been taking Losartan and is experiencing skin irritation which she has been advised is normal. However I am now making enquiries to other side effects to see if she should stop taking this drug

[i:ee1d94b693]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:ee1d94b693]

• Posted

I have been taking Ramipril for 4 weeks and the side effects have covered sexual problems, dry throat, coughing. depression., blocked sinuses, loss of sleep due to throat ticklingsad I am to see my doctor tonight following a blood test hope he comes up with something better only have a slight blood pressure problem other wise I am a healthy 70 year old male.

[i:29309e9f8e]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:29309e9f8e]

• Posted

hello,

I have gone through a lot these type type of drugs but hace found losartan the easiest in relation to sice effects ( leg rash is the only real concern ) but also the pooest preforming anti hypertensive I too have suffered mental health concerns with other similar drugs along with other pains and cramps looks like its all just a balancing act

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.