I have recovered from POTS and would like to connect with researchers to help others. Please help

Posted , 2 users are following.

I suffered from POTS in 2013. Now, I'm functioning like I was prior to POTS and was able to help my condition by trial and error. I would like to connect with researchers or someone that can help me to help others. 

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I'm not a researcher but I think I might have pots. Any help is welcome.

• Posted

I will share my story with you.  I began having  strange symptoms after some type of illness. I first began feeling dizzy, short of breath and fatigued. As months went by, I developed heart palpitations, tachycardia while in an upright position, more shortness of breath, orthostatic hypotension, severe dizziness, along with multiple GI symptoms.  Mild exercise, length strengthening, a change of diet, and dietary supplements helped me to recover. It felt like my immune system was on steroids, things that I had never had a reaction to, all the sudden I had sensitivities to, and etc. I pretty much replaced dairy with almond/soy, did not consume any foods that contained MSG, due to triggering headaches, and ate more fresh fruits and vegetables, along with increasing my water intake. My immune and nervous system were in overdrive, so I reduced stimulus, like loud music, large crowds, and made sure I received plenty of adequate sleep. My exercise routine was walking shirt distances, and after a few months I was able to ride my bike a short distance which helped with my legs and reduced my POTS symptoms. I also saw a cardiologist to keep a check on my blood pressure and heart rate. Hope this helps. It gets better with time. Individuals recover differently.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.