I have redness on my Penis!

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi, i have redness around the foreskin and head of my penis. Starting occurring when i had unprotected sex around a year ago. Occasionally it looks more red than usual. Doctor ruled out anything serious but was still unsure. Doctor has prescribed several creams which haven't done much. I have no pain or itchiness at all but i know the redness is not normal. Any idea what the problem could be? Always very anxious about it!

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Thrush?  [Candidiasis]

Hi Jerry,  I would wager that it is Thrush.  Have you tried Canesten or Daktarin creams?  Generic names Clotrimazole and Miconazole, which are cheaper to buy than the branded products.

You could try going to your  GUM clinic at the local hospital, you can generally walk in off the street.  They are more au fait with this than GPs.

Good luck

• Posted

Thanks for your reply. Yes i have tried those creams, not much effect. This redness comes and goes but there is always some discolouration that i find isnt normal.. also the foreskin is slightly hard to pull back sometimes..

Still thrush you think? If so is it easy to treat?

• Posted

Thrush is easy to treat but with the creams I mentioned and if one doesn't work, the other might but,  why not try your local GUM clinic, they are used to this kind of problem

• Posted

Genito Urinary Clinic, they do deal with sexually transmitted diseases but under that umbrella, you get things like thrush which aren't always stds, could be undiagnosed diabetes for example.

But, they are much more likely to sort you out than your GP.

Just google GUM clinic Sheffield or wherever your nearest hospital is and you will get the info you need

Good luck and I hope it helps

• Posted

Sorry, left out the Medicine!

Genito Urinary Medicine

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.