I have severe depression & anxiety

Posted , 3 users are following.

21 male with severe depression and anxiety issues tried many meds none helped and feel miserable all the time what do i do

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

"Life is movement" , while patients with depression in order to overcome adversity, is also inseparable from movement. Try to do little things that are helpful for depressed patients . Such as writing , painting , singing, playing , etc., are all good . As spiritual reasons, most depressed patients feel incompetent , useless , they do not want activities and do not want to do anything , nor do things of interest and enthusiasm. Sat all day long , sighing all day behind closed doors, these situations is extremely common in depressed patients . Therefore, we must persuade them to family and friends a lot of physical exercise or sports .
  • Posted

I was the same and medication didn't help on its own but with CBT it really helps. it focuses on how to stop your negative thoughts which cause you to have anxiety. sometimes just having someone to talk to who understands can be a big help because sometimes family and friends don't understand if they havnt been through it themselves. maybe ask your dr about CBT.
  • Posted

hi

never posted before but feel desperate and cant speak openly to family or friends. I am 43 and have had awful recurring bouts of chronic depression since about 17. Been in hospital which wa truly awful when I was about 18 and on and off anti depressants since then. Constantly feel its a battle and so full of negativity and self hatred that I find it hard to shake it off. Cant find a reason for feeling so low - life is ok if a bit tedious but become very low very quickly. Have a good job bu now got in a mess financially as spend for no reason. hubby doesn't get the depression and feel I am ruining his life and it would be best if I just disappeared. keep thinking about how I could end all of this and not have to wake up feeling so bad and full of depair. please help I cant talk safely to anyone

• Posted

Hi Natalieb14 I was wondering how you are getting on ? I was doing some general browsing and I can't believe how your post matched my current feelings, in just about every way.

Hope you are doing well, if you feel like you would want to discuss, feel free to contact me, happy to exchange email address.

best luck

Michael

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.