I have severe social anxiety and depression and feel like I can't make it another day!

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hello all, im a 26 year old male andI suffer from depression and anxiety and it has me to the point where I can't work, go to school, or even leave the house most days. I get anxiety from being in public, around people, knowing I have to work the next day, and when I try to sleep. I have bad panic attacks every day and night over the simplest things. I get extremely sad at night time and it seems to hit me out of nowhere. I have a girlfriend of a year and a half now and we are very much in love and she helps me alot, but I worry my problems and not working atm will get into the way eventually. I've held over 20 jobs in my life time and most don't last over a month. I went to college for 3 years but have no degree to show for. I find myself missing my elementary school days and reminiscing on the past and wishing I could go back. I also have suicidal thoughts, although I don't believe I could ever actually carry through with them as I don't have the courage to do so. All of my friends have moved away or have moved on with their lives and no longer communicate and new friends are hard to make. This makes things difficult as well. I have been on over 15 anxiety and depression meds since I was first diagnosed at age 16. I've had short therapy sessions but I never told them in depth of how I feel and about the suicidal thoughts. I have scheduled an appointment for next week however and plan to tell them everything I've mentioned in this text. I'm just looking to see if anyone can relate, offer advice, encouragement, success stories or anything else. It would all be greatly appreciated. God bless

4 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Hi Stunning123

We note from a recent post which you have made to our forum that you may be experiencing thoughts around self-harm. If we have misinterpreted your comments then we apologies for contacting you directly. But if you are having such thoughts then please note that you are not alone in this, and there are people out there that can help.

If you are having these suicidal thoughts then we strongly recommend you speak to someone who may be able to help. The Samaritans offer a safe space where you can talk openly about what you are going through. They can help you explore your options, understand your problems better, or just be there to listen.

Their contact details are on our patient information leaflet here: https://patient.info/health/dealing-with-suicidal-thoughts, which also offers lots of other advice on how you can access the help you may need.

If you are having such thoughts then please do reach out to the team at the Samaritans (or the other people detailed in our leaflet) who will understand what you're going through and will be able to help.

Kindest regards

Patient

• Posted

I can relate. I just turned 25 and I feel suicidal too. I think about the past but now we only have the present. Talk to your girlfriend about your thoughts. Everything gets worst at night because you're alone and it's quiet so your mind starts thinking and won't let you sleep. I don't go out either. It's a different reason I'm depressed but I have Agoraphobia, Social Phobia, GAD too. Good thing you're telling your therapist. I'm glad your gf is helping you're not alone. I hope you get better.👍

God bless you too.

• Posted

I just wanted tell you I can relate to so much of what you said. As I am currently going through the same thing I can't offer any advice. All I know to do is to keep trying and talking about it with professionals. It's a very lonely place to be because nobody really understands and you hate to burden other people with your problems. But being honest in therapy is a start. I really struggle with that myself.

Wishing you the best! Keep reaching out.

• Posted

Thank you for reaching out Timmie. It does help to know that I am not alone in this battle, and I will update after my therapy sessions.
    • Posted

Hey Timmie

You're not a burden to other people. Your family and others who sympathize with what you feel are here for you too. Don't ever think that way. I hope you get better💖Therapy will help you just give it time and if your therapist is not helping you. You can always switch and find another one. 👍

• Posted

Heyy. I suffer from anxiety and panic attacks. I know depression follows along with anxiety so don't consider ourself depressed nor associate yourself with it. I know it's a hard battle especially at. Night  when's it's quiet. But hey man ive been there it's been hell for me. I literally saw no way out. I thought it was the end for me. But I've turned out so much better. You should email me. So we can talk more

It's better to talk about these things to people who understand

Moderator comment: I have removed the email address as we do not publish these in the forums. If users wish to exchange contact details please use the Private Message service.

http://patient.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/398331-private-messages

• Posted

Send me private message. It wouldnt let me send you one for some reason. The moderator also removed your email.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.