I have sharp chest pains mostly on the left side. I’m worried it could be bad

Posted , 1 user is following.

I am of 17 years of age. for the last 3-4 years i would get a spontanious sharp chest pain when i breathe in and it would apear in my spine around the middle. it would only happen once every 3 months or so , so it didnt bother me much and all seemed fine.

recently it has gotten worse though, it started happening more frequently predominately in my left side chest . it is a sharp (unsure if it can be described as stabbing) pain which seems to worsen as I breathe in, which is again spontanious but will now happen up to 6 times a day currently. it has developed gradually rising higher times in a day but i am worried as i always feel that i could possinly be having an upcoming heart attack if i breathe in further. I have to breathe out and then it goes but i always fear it happening again.

Ive had a blood test taken and i was told everything appears normal, I have a history of vitamin D deficiency but i have been taking 4000iu of vitamin d which seemed like it slightly helped , but the proboem is still here.

i do excersie by riding bike and walking regularly which is what jnused to do, bht with lockdown ive been mostly at home but would still ride my bike getting decent excersise in. ehat alarmed me was the breathing sharp pain happened and I then had to gently ride back home. I was not riding forcefully but rather a normal to high speed pace.

My gp had prescribed me PEPTAC which means they assuke i have gastric or solething like that but i have never really had a stomachiebissue. i have been referred for an xray and i am in the meantime just scared as i feel that i could have a serious health condition

any advice or what you think i have will be appreciated

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.