I have soft BMs almost every day but only go once per day.

Posted , 4 users are following.

I don't know if I should consider this diarrhea at this point but I am having soft stools almost every day even though I only go once a day. I'm not going more than once per day or having abdominal cramping or any other diarrhea symptoms, it just comes out soft, almost mushy. I do have a normal BM every blue moon but no idea why I do sometimes and most of the time its loose. I already went through a colonoscopy, endoscopy, various stool tests (ova and parasite, c diff, h pylori, etc. ) Everything was clear and the doctor said I was healthy but I just don't feel healthy.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I forgot to add this all started a year ago and my only diagnosis so far was mild non reactive gastritis. Not taking any medications.

• Posted

Have you tried a food diary to see if diet is the cause? Foods like rice and bananas can help to bind your stools more.

• Posted

It sounds like you are 5-6 on the Bristol stool chart, which could mean your diet is lacking fibre. If you are suffering with stress or anxiety, that could also make your stools a bit looser. Also caffeine and alcohol can affect you. It may be you have mild IBS. If it isn't painful or causing you any bad symptoms and you have been checked out, I wouldn't be too concerned.

• Posted

i have had real problems after i had a gangerous gallbladder removed which turnedinto sepsis my immune system was shot all in all a bad time i have just started taking bio-cult and i have improved greatly my stools were always very soft and loose also so i shall keep on taking them as they help with the gut bacteria so even after 2 weeks of taking them the cramps have stopped so i hope this helps you bye and good luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.