I have spent most of the day on the loo!

Posted , 4 users are following.

Well, having previously posted how orlistat seemed to have stopped working I changed batches today. Started a fresh box and, guess what? Hey presto I have spent most of the day on the loo!

So don't know what was going on with the previous box full but this lot seem to be the \"full monty\". Now I just need to see the weight dropping to know it is worth spending my life in the smallest room!

I'll let you know!

Lelly xx

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Lelly..

These things can happen, perhaps it was a rogue batch? Let me know how you get on smile

I had a quorn chicken & mushroom pastry slice last night, i then had excrutiating stomach pain and toilet all night. Was it that do you think? Its my first encounter of anything like that? The slice had 19g of fat in it & I also had a few other bits so in one hit probably had nearly 30g of fat..

Anyway good luck on your new batch smile

• Posted

It is stramge how some things affect when others dont.

I had the same quorn and mushroom pasty on Sunday at a picnic and had no reaction at all.

But if the last batch were underpowered it woudl explain why nothing happened even when I ate fried food!

Now, however, it is as though my digestive system is getting its own back as I can feel it is about to send me to the loo again!

Mind you I did have a cheese sarnie for lunch!

Lelly xx

• Posted

LellyM...gosh imagine that...suppose it's not impossible to get a bad batch....wonder if I've had one last month....loss has slowed down dreadfully since the first month.

Rang the Dr's receptionist a little while ago and while getting other repeat stuff I mentioned to her that I need Xenical and asked would the Dr give it to me on repeat without me going in to be weighed (I said I thought he was surprised last time I arrived for a weigh-in) she said he does do repeats for Xenical...imagine that...thought surely I'd need to be weighed. Told her to tell him I'd lost 3 kg last month...glad you've got some results...but hey...watch that fat girl...don't want to spend all day in the loo.....

• Posted

Too true. I did get a bit blase when they seemed to stop working and golly and I being punished today. Stomach hasn't stopped aching yet.

And I am now very familiar with the route to the loo!

Lelly xx

• Posted

Hi Lelly

I would love to know what the batch number was on your previous box as i've been on these tabs for just over 3 weeks and have lost 4 lbs sad not even had any side effects really no matter what I eat, I've put weight loss down to going to the gym and using work out dvd's. Wasn't hoping to start these tabs and wake up next morning a size 16 but a bit more of weight shift would of been good, I'm eating around 15 gramms of fat per meal (but I do struggle with brekkie) and keeping the calories down.

Jo.

• Posted

Hi Jo-Jo.

I wil have a dif round at home to see if I can find the box. I should still have it.

It was strange. The chemist really struggled to get the batch in question as there was a shortage. When it turned up there were biro crosses on all the sides. Now for all I know this was just the pharmacies way of denoting it was not a full packet but I have not seen it before.

This last batch came in a fully printed complete packet and seem to be working well (well, not weighed myself yet).

Lelly xx

• Posted

Hi Lelly,

You must have thought you'd been given a placebo instead of the real thing :lol:

Glad to hear they seem to be working - better stock up on loo rolls :!:

Jane

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.