I have started on zopiclone 3.75 ten days ago and have been getting weakness in my leg muscles.

Posted , 4 users are following.

Does anyone know if leg muscles weakness is a common side affect ? It started on day four of treatment and starts late afternoon. I was not sure if it's because my body is withdrawing from it by then?

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

I'm concerned. Have you taken any benzodiazipines or Z drugs before? Why were they prescribed?
    • Posted

Hi no they were prescribed due to poor sleep with depression and I am not taking any depression medication and it also some weakness in my wrists. But mainly my legs
  • Posted

Is it just your legs? Hypotension is maybe not impossible. Does it occur mostly when you go to stand up? That would be orthostatic hypotension. Maybe some sort of (partial) syncope?
    • Posted

It seems to be a similar feeling of weakness that I felt when I have had sepsis before a couple of years ago but it's almost like there is something crawling in my muscles. Tickling sensation maybe but muscles feel weak in my calfs and thighs and knee wrists joints. Very weird sensation really.
  • Posted

I was so angry last night after reading this I wrote a post . I and others have written posts and received many replies on the benzodiazepine group about Zopiclone. It is very addictive and so many people usually have to switch to diazepam to wean off. Have a look at the horrific stories on the benzodiazepine group. 

I have written more here but it seems to have disappeared ??????

I I have written more but

i put a post up asking why the two groups weren't in someway joined. It went to the  moderator. The reply was there are more people in the Zopiclone group? Well this may be, people probably don't know there is a big link or they have been misdiagnosed in respect that withdrawal mimics other illnesses. when if ever will doctors learn. 

• Posted

I was also going to say that tryptophan from a good health food store is good for sleep. It is found naturally in milk we know but also in bananas and Turkey . Will write later as problems writing here 
    • Posted

Great thanks await your reply.
  • Posted

Yes wen I g on them my legs ache wen I walk as soon as I stop taking them the legs get better every time I take them my legs get somesome
  • Posted

I have now stopped them and my legs and arms are back to normal so I guess this was a side effect of them. I certainly won't be taking them again thanks for all your advice.
    • Posted

So pleased to hear it. Have you seen the posts Craig, Carol and I have put up today. We are trying to raise awareness. Their is a complete list from Craig about these beasts. I put a post on the benzodiazepines group mix and match. It might be worth a look also the one last night where I was asking ' do people know what they're taking and addiction , worth it fo the future

best wishes 

S

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.