I have stitch like pain immediately below the left ribs.

Posted , 4 users are following.

Visited gastroenterologist, he prescribed me with esomeprazole and lexotonel. Taking it from last two years. The pain come and go. When I have gas or eat a lot then the pain is more otherwise the stitch type feeling is always there. Anybody there having same problem please share the remedy.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Have you had tests and diagnosis?
    • Posted

No, the doctor never prescribed me the tests. He said, your deodonal doesn't like acid and when acid goes in to it , it bends. He said you'll have to take acid blockers along with gaviscon for a longer period of time. The reason he gave me is stress.

• Posted

Pipa, do you also have the same issue or you are a doctor?
    • Posted

I have acid reflux and IBS which are both stress related.  I am not a doctor though.  Maybe try eating little but often and try a food diary to identify food triggers.  If you have acid, avoid greasy, spicy and rich foods.
    • Posted

Thank you for your advice. You are right, when I eat in small proportions it doesn't hurt and rich food vice versa. Is there any cure for it?

• Posted

If your problem is acid reflux, all you can do is to manage your symptoms with avoiding problem foods and taking antacids.  My reflux is better than it used to be but I stiill get bouts of acid and certain fatty or spicy foods still give me trouble so I have to avoid them. I still have to take antacids.
  • Posted

Did your symptoms just start for no reason, or did something happen? I have similar feelings with some bloating. Do you have any bloating? Most of my discomfort comes in between meals and specially first thing in the morning. 
    • Posted

I had the symptoms of acidity but this stich feeling started at once. I also have bloating but morning is the best time for me, I don't feel any pain or irritation. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.