I have stomach pains after eating what do I do about it

Posted , 5 users are following.

I really need someone to help me figure out what I can do about my stomach hurting after I eat

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Try keeping a food diary to identify any foods or drinks that are triggering pain.  Common culprits are gluten, dairy, coffee, chocolate, alcohol, and artificial sweeteners like sorbitol. Processed, fatty, or spicy foods can also cause problems.  

Other potential irritants are fructose. Some people find garlic, onions and certain vegetables like cabbage,broccoli and potatoes trigger symptoms.

If any of these cause pain, eliminate them and see if you feel better. However, you should see your doctor as well to get a proper diagnosis.

• Posted

This jessa, his granddaughter I am the one who is having the problem of pain in my stomach it hurts really bad right now I have even puked in my mouth I take trazadone to help me sleep I just got put on the medicine 2 days ago, could that be causing pain in my stomach because it's changing my routine of meds I take I hope it's not a stomach bug
    • Posted

You could try coming off the trazadone to see if your symptoms disappear.  If your symptoms started after taking trazadone, then it may be a side effect.  You could also look at the other medications you are taking to see if they are causing problems.  You should also see your doctor for advice.
  • Posted

Hi Jessica

I am a qualified gpn i dont know what age you are or what dose you are on but as with all tricyclic antidepressants, its a try and see what works for every patient.You have only been on them for 2 days so it takes approx 4-7 days to start to work in your system.

If you look at the leaftet you get with the medication it will tell you the side effects which can be dry mouth pain in the stomach nausia etc

i would keep taking the tablets and after the 7 days if your symptoms doesnt improve go back to your gp

i hope you feel better soon

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.