I have strange spots that have appeared on my wrist arms and legs

Posted , 2 users are following.

As above i have had 7 different visits to my doctors who have tried different steroids and creams to no avail tbh ive lost confidence in my doctors surgery. They have now referred me to dermatology which will take a few months. The 2 main bigger spots, one is a red ring round normal coloured skin with the spot in middle, can be itchy as hell at night. I was hoping i could upload pics as would help for people to see.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi. To upload an image from a mobile devicego to your browser settings and tick 'Request desktop page'. Then reply to your own post and select the image icon in the top right just above the text input field.

• Posted

Thank you Dan
    • Posted

Hi bocabay7, you mentioned that you have tried various creams. Where you prescribed antifungals as wells? It might help to exclude a fungal infection like ringworm.

Did you go for camping or did you work outdoors? Pets can also carry ticks. You might be vulnerable if you allow your pet to sleep in your bed. Some tick bites might look similar. You could search the net for images of tick bites.  Ticks might transmit Lyme disease and it is important to get treatment after a bite. You might find this leaflet interesting:

https://patient.info/health/lyme-disease-leaflet

Good luck, and should you find out what the cause of the rash is would be great if you could give an update. It might be helpful for others that will read your post. 

• Posted

Btw, to help with the itching you might want to try Calamine lotion. 
    • Posted

Yeah the last cream i had was tremovate which has an anti fungal in it but still didnt help.  Ive read up about lyme disease but dont think its that, im hopefully back to drs tomorrow.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.