I have stubbed my toe

Posted , 4 users are following.

I had an xray and not broken but still a problem 5 days later. I suspect soft tissue damage. What to look out for? Affects my lower leg which gets very stiff but can walk in sandles and a walking stick

1 like, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Sometimes hair line fractures only shiw on Scans. Can you tape and get an orthopedic boot for a few weeks. Sounds like it needs to heal.
    • Posted

hi Sandi

Thanks interesting

It sure feels like a fracture.

smile

• Posted

My husband is a retired Radiologist.

Said still could be fractured or a piece of ligament or tendon.

Remember all the horse injuries??😤

• Posted

Hi sandi   - I think ligament or tendon- thanks I am a runner so cannot run . still am swimming instead.
  • Posted

try elevating above your heart and ice.
    • Posted

hi ihaveno

thanks - was able to wear socks this morning after a week! It is taking a long time to recover!

• Posted

Socks! Now who would have thought socks could be so exciting..haha

hugs

judith

• Posted

haha hi Judith      First socks and then I managed to walk in boots for the first time in a week and thgen I tried a run and managed 4.1 miles with my fastest 5k in 22:19. My fastest 5K time before the toe injury was 15:12 so someway to make up yet biut great to be running again.

hugs too

smile

• Posted

no way will I put on boits and run even a block...I would end up on a heap about half a step in.....happy trails to you!!!!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.