i have such terrible anxiety

Posted , 7 users are following.

I've been having alot of anxiety thats causing cronic nerve pain. Like I'm gaing to jump out of my skin. Does anyone else have this?

1 like, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

That sounds like fibro. Stress is a huge aggravator. Try chamomile tea & look up natural ways to treat anxiety. Try some things out.
  • Posted

I probably had more anxiety than I do now.

I've found the following work very well for me and the anxiety stuff:

Inositol

Gaba

L-Theanine

Lemon Balm with my sleep combo.

And higher doses of magnesium citrate spread thru the day.    J

• Posted

Hello Joy,

Always enjoy reading your posts, you sound a very strong and determined lady. Was just wondering approx . how much do your supplements cost a month? Hope you don't mind me asking?

Take care, Anne

• Posted

Anne, it averages out to $70 per month give or take....   I'm doing all I can for my health to stay out of doc's and surgeon's hands.....I see my integrative MD once a year for labs and to check in with her.  

I eliminate some things and then find something new like I've decided to get on glucosamine and stay with it....I've taken it off and on for years but never stayed steady with it.....after reading from others, it does help them with joints.....

Otherwise, there isn't much in my LIFE I need anymore...worked 40some yrs acquired so much and now getting rid of stuff, but want to stay and keep healthy into my twilight years....technology does not interest me except for this machine I'm typing on, my desk top.....

So I don't spend money on other stuff but my health upkeep.

Sleep is so important and I worked hard to get my sleep "fix".....as I did not want sleep drugs......

BTW: My middle name is Ann, my grandgirl is Anna and my mom was Anna......

So, I hope some here enjoy reading my info, I've spent a lot of years doing my research on all I do and take.    Beats the drugs......  Joy

• Posted

Hi debb123.

I have been diagnosed with fibro and have very bad anxiety. I have a real issue with fire and am obsessed when I am cooking. I have to stand next to the cooker and watch my food cook as I'm convinced it will catch on fire. I'm also worried I'm going to be broken into at my home and always convinced someone is watching me. Its no fun.

After trying lots of medicine for my fibro I've now been put on gabapentin. Not sure how well its going as I've only been on it for three days but I'm feeling a little more relaxed already. 

Sometimes you just need to tell yourself to calm down, take 5 and have a herbal tea.

Lots of love ox

• Posted

i was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia, about 10 years ago, the pain was very bad, but the Anxiety was the worse,, i always feel like i am going out of my mind.   i often get depress and sometimes frastrated because i feel like no one understands or care.   So i do understand how you feel.
    • Posted

I was told I deal with Fibro 15 yrs ago.....I use all supplements....

Look into Inositol and Gaba as they are calmers I use.....some folks like  L-Theaine but the first 2 are my favs...

Maybe some talk therapy about the other anxities.    I';lve lived alone so long and I know the above keep me calmer..... 

I notice some folks are so jumpy, I am not..... 

• Posted

Get into daily MEDITATION, it helps so MUCH....It's easy and FREE just takes commitment.    J
    • Posted

Thanks Joy,

i will try your suggestions, but can those be taken with precribed meds for the pain, i am on Clonaszepam for sleeep, sometimes it works sometimes it doesnt.

• Posted

Carleen and all, Everything I offer is from my personal search for the last 15 yrs on the FM issue....

Back in about 2005 or so I thought I was having a heart attack and called 911 and went to the ER,,,,,my blood presure was sky high, they brought it down and gave me a benzo (lorazepam) and middle of night I went home.....I was taking 1/2 tablet of lorazepam for some time and then realized how addicting and damaging that drug could be, alzheimers one possible issue from benzo use... 

So I started to do my work and found all the alternative calmers I talk about and am totally off the benzo and walk my talk with what I do.  

The only drug I take for the OA and FM pain issues is ibuprofen and make sure DGL for stomach protection.....all the rest are alternatives.....  Joy

• Posted

I should have mentioned that trip  to the ER was due to a family stressful issue we were going thru and it affected me in that way.....now the  calmers I take help me daily since I'm  not a monk and don't live in total silence....

They would not interfer with pharma pain meds....

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.