I have suffered with recurring thush since i ...

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have suffered with recurring thush since i had my kids nine years now at least once a month to begin with but this past six monthssad i have suffered with it with every period and every following day after sex (we use condoms i am not on any pills) and i went to the chemist today to get the usually canisten duo and pharmisist comented how regular i have had thrush and i should go to the doctor as it could be hormone related which i had never heard of so tonight so i decided to search the web for advice but have not found anything unfortunatly has anyone heard of this or suffered via there hormones??????????????????

[i:250672f6cd]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:250672f6cd]

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

my partner seems to pass thrush onto me everytime her periods are due,it has become so frequent lately that i can tell when her periods are due because i become sore after sex,we was begining to get worried but after finding this site we now know we are not alone in the frequency ad puts our minds at ease a little,we assume also that it must be hormonal as we are both in our early 40`s
  • Posted

I have suffered from continual thrush since going on HRT following a hysterectomy. I never had problems with thrush before HRT, so your thought that this may have some hormonal link sounds like it is worth investigating. I will be telling my consultant at my next appointment to see if the HRT regimen I am using can be changed.
  • Posted

[quote:f38b889428=\"P.\"]I have suffered with recurring thush since i had my kids nine years now at least once a month to begin with but this past six monthssad i have suffered with it with every period and every following day after sex (we use condoms i am not on any pills) and i went to the chemist today to get the usually canisten duo and pharmisist comented how regular i have had thrush and i should go to the doctor as it could be hormone related which i had never heard of so tonight so i decided to search the web for advice but have not found anything unfortunatly has anyone heard of this or suffered via there hormones??????????????????

[i:f38b889428]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:f38b889428][/quote:f38b889428]

• Posted

I suffered badly from thrush when taking the contraceptive pill in 1970's I was advised to douch with bicobonate of soda sollution by a consultant.

I was also given pessaries, which were awful. In later years I was given an oral tablet which worked well. I visit gynaecologist regularly every 6 months and every time I am told I have thrush, even though I do not seem to have any symptoms. As I am on HRT I am beginning to think it has something to do with hormones. When I first mentioned the connection between the pill and thrush in th 70's I was told no link, now it is well recognised! So in the fullness of time no doubt they will recognise the hormone link.

To be cynical - If we stop taking hrt and contraceptive pill and get thrush less often or not at all, just how much money would the pharmecutical companies lose? At the moment they gain all ways the pill the hrt and the cure! Just a thought!

• Posted

Hi, I have just been to doctors yet again today as I seem to suffer with thrush constantly and have done even before I had my 3 ch

ildren and my eldest is nearly 6. I do think my thrush seems to be getting increasingly worse, I find that i always start with thrush 1 week befoer my period is due, this seems to last longer and longer now, I seem to of not been able to shake this bout off. Doctor sent me home after doing a swab with a pessary, canestan 2% and some metronidazole just in case it has developed into bacterial vaginosis which I have also had before. So will find out later on in week i guess but I took diflucan and did a few times for 6 month courses each time but this doesnt seem to of helped me at all.

Just thought I would share my experience with the horrible dreaded thrush as It does make you miserable and I do get depressed about it and my partner gets rather distressed too as I never feel like having sex because most of the time I do have thrush.

not sure if this helps really but at least you know your not alone.

thanks for reading.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.