I Have Taken Ciprofluxacin(antibiotic) for more than a month

Posted , 3 users are following.

Dear All,

I Have Taken Ciprofluxacin(antibiotic) for more than a month, because I was undergone an ASD-Artrial Septal Deffect (patch closure) Surgery in my Heart last June 26, and my surgeon said that i have to stop taking it after 7 days after surgery, so i stopped it for two months, but because I've read some news about heart surgery that after heart surgery the patient should take antibiotic for atleast 6 months, so fearing of having endocartis is i tried to retake it again started from September 11, up to october 5.

no my question is that is it ok to take this CIPROFLUXACIN(antibiotic) for 6 month? can this be effected the kidney? or can this distroy the kidney?

or shall i have to continue taking this? please help, I Beg for your encouraging reponse

regards,

Bert

3 likes, 47 replies

47 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Bert check this site out on cipro. I was given first as a treatment for an alleged locum infected postatrate I am fifty and have been running most days for thirty years. 2 days after taking it I ripped my calf running. Next day I was walking down the stairs and my achilies heel went. On investigating I was pointed to this great site. And it clearly states a muscle ripped injury to achieve heal and calf muscles. Today my mobility and ability to run is soul destroying having to take strong painkillers. There is no doubt only take this drug if your life is on the line nothing else

Best wishes to recovery and logevity

Jim

• Posted

See James reply as well as mine and Ploddingtons. Why take something as dangerous as cipro. It does not make sense. Jean
    • Posted

Yes Jean a United Kingdom citizen takes 2 ciproflaxin the 2 boxes I have dated 26th February 2015 are in my cupboard a reminder that this poison continues to rip my muscle tissues apart. American black box warning yet the NHS continue to prescribe this. This is real god knows if someone in poor health took it. There are other side effects and they are endless big pharma can explain most away. In the United States pharmacy like alphabet soup copampanies can be sued and settle if only this country and it's totalitarian NHS AND CO ACCUSED could be sued the same way. The ciproflaxin debilitated me of that I know for sure Jean and all in pain.
    • Posted

Hi James

Can you please PM me ? I need to tell you something.

• Posted

Yes Jim it's mind-blowing what Cipro, Levo and other FQs are doing to us and that doctors are still dishing it out like candy, unaware of the misery they are causing. There is even a directive from the MHRA, issued in 2012 (could be 2011) telling them not to prescribe them unless every other antibiotic has failed to work, or it's life and death scenario. It's there for all of us to see on the Govt site.

It's awful how you are suffering with your torn tendons and muscles.

It's ironic that you should mention what it could be like for those who are in poor health to begin with and then prescribed FQs, as I was in that category when I was given Levofloxacin. I had/have Rheumatoid Arthritis and had/have Leukaemia, when I was prescribed a Quinolone and have lost two and a half years of my life. I have aged 10 years in that time and life has become a daily struggle, with pain, Fatigue, difficulty walking and so many other adverse reactions. I can't see how I'll ever be the person I was before being Floxed.

• Posted

Morning Jean

Add insomnia to the list, yes?! We didn't get much sleep last night.

I was also taking a daily NSAID when given Levo.

I'm still dumbfounded how many docs can't accept their patients are suffering from ADRs, when most of them (not all) are actually listed in the patient info leaflets. 

• Posted

Plodding on you have researched this subject so well and articulated the subject as any academic. Symptoms are a plenty with this GMO type poison. GENETICALLY MODIFIED TO A SLOW AND PAINFUL KILL. Sounds extremely unbelievable but this is no magic bullet but something more advanced being smothered under the pharmaceutical killers. Remember it's not in their interest to cure anything no money in that route it's the capers that Joe public would find hard to swallow never mind the CIPRO.
    • Posted

Jean at this time I am utilising my phone after my partner took the other. I don't do social media and wish I could help you with you request and I am sincere please call me Jim Jean. I hope you are well don't worry there are good people with you on this site 100%
    • Posted

I haven't come across this conspiracy theory before.

Interesting.

• Posted

Jim

Unsure what you mean when you say that you do not do social media etc.What is social media.

I am unsure what you think my request is!!

Sorry to see that you appear to be having partner problems.

Thanks for your reassurance.

I hope that you are well too.

Take care James.

I know that there are good people on this site.

I never doubted that they were not.

Sorry to read that you appear to be having problems with your partner.

Jim

I am unsure what you are referring to when you write that you don't do social media etc.

Sorry to hear that you are having a problem with your partner.

• Posted

Sorry Jean your message to me about pm I am not aware of if I can help answer you in anyway please keep to the forum thanks.
    • Posted

Never said I had problems with my partner we share a laptop.
    • Posted

Thanks Jim. Yes it's true I have researched these FQs a lot - it's all I read. Before being floxed I enjoyed reading novels for pleasure. For years now it's only medical, chemistry, Biology stuff!

FQs aren't like other antibiotics (we know this) they will kill infections and is why docs are happy to hand them out so easily looking for a quick fix. They are really chemotherapeutic meds. Docs won't then admit they shouldn't have prescribed them and deny their ADRs.

I guess the drug companies won't make any money by allowing docs to hold FQs back, just waiting for a Pneumonia pandemic or outbreak of anthrax but that what they were designed for.

This is the first time I've managed to log on here using my phone!

• Posted

Still unsure what you are referring to.

The private message service is provided by the Forum. It is not mandatory.

It  was a suggestion of mine. Did not realise that my request to PM was unusual in any way.

• Posted

Hi Ploddington

Horrendous isn't it?

I have done similar research and was astounded to learn that antibiotics including the fluoroquinolones are as toic as chemo drugs. They damage the mitochondria in each cell which then goes on to produce even more damaged cells hence the muscle and tendon damage plus other nasty side effects.

Did you research antibiotic toxicity as well?

Jean x

• Posted

Glad to hear that Jim.

Fortunately I tend to use the laptop whist my darling hubby uses  the computer.Makes life a lot easier.

• Posted

Yes Jean. It's the reason I researched.

I'm still amazed that I'm still logged in on my phone, whilst sitting on a bollard in town! Lol

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.