I have the symptoms of diebetes but my doctor says I do not have diabetes???

Posted , 4 users are following.

If I eat anything with sugar in it I usually get a head rush and or feel sick for hours.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

What  makes you think these are symptoms of diabetes? I have been diagnosed  with diabetes now for 3 years and have never had these symptoms. I wonder if you are just over sensitive to sugar in which case the answer is to cut out as much sugar as possible from your diet. Did your doctor say you did not have diabetes on the basis of a blood test. If so, he will be right if not you need to ask for an HbA1c blood test

• Posted

think you can get the blood test done at the chemist now too if that helps
  • Posted

But a blood sugar monitor and check them a couple of hours AFTER eating as well as just before. Note the numbers and check any diabetes site for normal pre / post figures. For me, (type 2) 5-7 before and anything over 12 after is a problem. These are my figures I work to though but are close to normalish.
  • Posted

Get the blood test done as soon as possible. 

P.S. I just read a very mind-boggling piece at: http://diabetes.letmereview3.xyz

Her mom was able to defeat diabetes – & for what cost? $37! No kidding, $37. Most of the Doctors are only here to rip you off and also your hard-earned wealth. What you want is a instructor who will mentor you through the whole process & the rest depends upon you. In order to defeat diabetes, you have to take good care of these: diet, fitness and self-motivation.

Instead of wasting your hard-earned money on needless costly drugs & medicines, modify your diet regime to a good diabetic diet and make sure to exercise everyday.

• Posted

That certainly sounds good. I have never seen a dietician but a personl trainer friend of my daughter has told me he will give me a personal diet plan to try as several people who have done it have got their levels down to normal , whatever NORMAL is , as I dont even think the professionals know themselves as they keep changing the goal posts.
  • Posted

Yeah, it's not exactly "defeating diabetes", that's just going to tell you what diet to follow, suggested amount and give you some recepie ideas. Save your $37 and do some research yourself or see a diabetic nurse. Where are you Richard? It'll help when giving you some answers! 😊

anyway, to cut a long story short, you can't defeat, get rid of or become un-diabetic. You can however, learn and have excellent control over it. My doc set me a limit of 65g of carbs per meal and I've worked out the portions of everything in carb equivalent and stick to it. I have more hypos (low sugars and need chocolate / coke / glucose gel) as opposed to hyper (too much sugar in bloods and need to inject insulin.

let us know what country you're in & can advise accordingly.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.