I have to have a swollen lymph node removed from my neck to rule out Lymphoma, has anyone had this

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have to have a swollen lymph node removed from my neck to rule out Lymphoma, has anyone had this procedure done. My consultant is only removing one of them as the first biopsy hadnt got enough tissue. How did you feel after and if you don't mind sharing, have you had your results yet?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

My dad had a swollen lymph node on neck. He went through FNAC procedure which advised to get biopsy done to rule out possibility of non-hodgkin's lymphoma. He had cervical lymph node biopsy and lymphoma panel test which confirmed that he has T-Cell Peripheral Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma.

• Posted

Hi Himanshuao3 I am sorry your dad has this, but at least it hopefully gives you and your family some answers as to what's been going on with him.

I am still awaiting further results, but the main thin is that the consultant couldn't see any carcinoma or signs of Lymphoma. Tis a long road to diagnosis is it not?

Thank you for posting on my question, I wish you and you're family well for the future.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.