I have to take antibiotics for foot

Posted , 4 users are following.

just wondering how people can take them without food and not get an upset stomach. the ones I'll be taking are called flucloxacillin 500mg

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Tom. the best way to take them in my opinion is to have a couple of mouthful of food , take the antibiotics, and then finish eating. if it isn't close to a meal time I just have 2 plain biscuits instead. It's like a sandwich with the antibiotic as the filling.it has always worked for me. stops nausea and upset stomach. that is unless you're told to take them on an empty stomach.

Best wishes.

• Posted

You could benefit from using probiotics to keep your gut flora balanced and that may be enough to stop the problem Tom. Just natural yogurt contains many many good bacteria.

• Posted

thanks for reply. it helped.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.