I have trigeminal neuralgia and am having a flare up.

Posted , 4 users are following.

I’ve upped by carbomazapine by 100 mg. ( total 800). I find one of my major issues is the fear. Fear of not being able to do my job( teacher), not being there for my family, etc. I wonder about the air pressure sometimes, but ??

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

To begin with, i can totally understand why you would feel great fear.  taking a large dosage of any med is going to cause distortion. The thing is (my humble opinion) to remember that this is normal. Please do not judge yourself too hard. you will be doing the absolute best you can to do you job as a teacher (which i'm sure you did before you became ill...) and you will be there for your family; as they will be there for you. Stay in touch with your doctor, if you are not feeling up to par, call them. if you are having too hard a time with the dosage, perhaps doctor can switch it....

• Posted

Oh so sorry Katie. I couldn’t take carbamazepine so am on oxcarbamezapine andI also take Lamotrigine and having recently written to my neurologist he has said that I can take 200mg a day. I am having more episodes of TN attacks. He wants me to have MVD surgery but very wary due to all the negative comments on this forum. Will see him in a few weeks time. I am now retired and my last employer was very understanding and respected all I managed to do.  Do not live in fear..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.