I have two questions.....

Posted , 4 users are following.

Morning all,

I hope you are all well.

I have two questions, next month i am due to collection my car from the Eden Vauxhall garage, est collection date is 28th September.

I get paid PIP around 4th of each month, I am wondering would September be my last payment of PIP for mobility or would Oct be as it is in arrears? I am not quite sure.

Another question is I have seen on a Motability forum on Facebook that people are getting brand new cars IE an 18 plate or a 17 plate, is that the case when collecting your car? The garage has told me mine is coming from the factory.

I hope someone can help me out.

Have a nice day xx 

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Morning

PIP is paid in arrears so you will get a partial payment the DWP will calculate this based on the days you are without the car on the payment period.

Yes you usually do get a very new car from the supplier.

All the best, enjoy it xx

• Posted

Hi Natalie I got my new car 3 weeks ago and I got a brand new one 18 plate Vauxhall Mokka good luck with your car xx
    • Posted

Thank you, I am a little worried as i have been driving my little  Vauxhall Corsa 2002 plate since learning to drive in March and i know the car i ordered is much wider.. eeeekkk. x 
    • Posted

You'll be fine. Remember your new car will be so much easier to drive with much lighter steering because it's new. There's also a city button for even lighter steering around town because my daughter has a new Vauxhall Corsa.   You'll soon get used to the extra width.

• Posted

Hi Natalie I have just got my Mokka it’s very big compare to my Citroen I was driving but it’s much better and I paid for a reversing camera which is so useful.Its a beautiful car and so easy to drive .youll love it xx
  • Posted

Hi,

As it will be after September that you collect your car it will be a 68 plate, rather than an 18 plate because it's the 2nd registration release in the year. It will of course be a brand new car.

You won't be able to collect your car until motability agree a date. Sometimes there may also a delay with delivery to the dealers which sometimes does happen. The date is just an estimate until it's been delivered. Good luck.

• Posted

Thank you for you response, Oh i thought 18 plate and 68 plate was the same thing, my bad.

I have just contacted the garage today regarding having a boot strap fitted which i was told will be done and installed by collection date.

Also, i dont know if you can help but when i collect the car, is it the garage i inform that i now have a full driving licence or Motability? As when i ordered the car i only had a provisional. 

• Posted

No, the 18 plate runs from March to August and 68 plate from September to February because there's always 2 registration releases in 1 year, September is the 2nd one.

Motability should be the first people to speak to and you need to do that before you collect your car otherwise it could delay the process because the insurance needs to be correct before you collect it and motability sort all that before you collect it. In fact if it was me i would have rang them a long time ago.

• Posted

I rang motability when i got my new licence which was 3 weeks after i passed and they said i should inform the garage so they put on the system so the checks are done, so i contacted the garage and they said no Motability needs my licence details... So i went back to Motability and they said it has to be the garage as they submitted my details and they need to reapply my new licence as checks need to be done on it, was told the checks take a maximum of 48 hours. First thing in the morning i will be going to the garage with my licence so they can copy it and put it on the system. x   

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.