I have unexplained pimple-like growth (pictures) what is it?

Posted , 1 user is following.

I have an unexplained growth that is very near my rectum the past 5 years. It is very much like a pimple, and below I have cropped the picture so that it is censored for p.g. viewing. It's size remained constant the past 5 years and has not pain or irritation, very much like a pimple, but I don't know what it is or why it is there. The last day in which I was absent this growth, I had a bad fall and suffered a broken arm and several broken facial bones, as well as a concussion I assume. I do not have any memory of what happened prior to the fall. I remember waking up several days later with no memory of what happened before the fall on that day. I experienced no memory loss except for whatever happened that day. No one had any particular information of use that would imply I had such a growth. It did not appear I had any medical work near this region of the body - no stitches or wounds or bandages. The only thing is this strange bump I noticed the first time I used toilet paper when going to the bathroom. I remember brushing it off as some pimple or zit that would go away after a couple days - but never did. It is still there 5 years later. I asked my doctor about it, but she conveyed it is nothing to worry about and didn't bother to look. But now I am preoccupied over what it is. I have all the medical records pertaining to the fall, but see nothing noted related to rectum or anal. Is there some medical term I should be looking considering this area? It is 300 pages of records. Does anyone have any idea what it is?

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.