I have Vaginal thrush but I’m worried it may be herpes?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I recently was on a course of antibiotics for a sore throat. I did not finish the course and stopped after 3-4 days. I noticed a buildup of discharge in my vagina and slight pain during sex, but I never had thrush before so didn’t think that was the case.

A day after this realization, I went for a few drinks with my partner. When we came home we had rough sex, and due to the dehydration from the drinking, I wasn’t fully lubricated. This added to the irritation from thrush has caused me great swelling and irritation around my labia.

I saw a doctor on Monday (29/7) and she took a look. She told me it was severe thrush from the antibiotics plus blistering and swelling of the vagina from the chaffing caused during intercourse.

I’m hoping that my doctor would’ve caught if this was herpes but Google has me freaked. Can someone please help? Apologies for the graphic images.

File size is too bigimage

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

do the sores hurt or itch ? any other symptoms ? usual herpes isnt associated with discharge. when did you notice them ? i really dont think its herpes tho, but go back and get it swabbed just to be on the safe side. hope everything is well 😃

• Posted

same here girl .. i want to kniw what this can be as well. i took a plan b then all of a sudden break out

• Posted

How is the pain?

There is some bumps and broken skin is there? It could be break down from the Candida making your skin fragile!

Obviously there is itching with the yeast infection but is it overly itchy?

I would say you need to get an antifungal like fluconazole off your doctor and treat the yeast infection from the inside out!

Don’t use any soap or douches this can worsen symptoms as it changes the ph of your Vagina.

If I was you I would not shave or use any hair removal as this may irritate it more.

Don’t wear any tight non breathable clothes

Just wash with water. Apply cream or use a pessary for the yeast infection.

Ask your doctor about the antifungal and a STI. If there is sore present I would get them swabbed.

Herpes can have a increase of discharge. But I’m not fully positive this is herpes.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.